Friday 27 September 2013

Apples

I am trying to make the most of all this lovely fruit that I am being given, so I had a go at a bunch of apples. I can't really say that I enjoyed the repetitive nature of the foliage, but I supposed it was necessary, and I did enjoy trying to paint the apples!


Again....maybe they needed more darks in the shadows, but as I do not intend to do anything with the painting, it probably will not get altered.
And just to prove that I occasionally try my hand at something different, the subject this week at AVA was 'Tigers.'
Totally outside my comfort zone, but as there was no choice, it had to be done!



I am sure a selection of the paintings from the rest of the group will appear on Peter Ward's blog if you are interested in looking  (http://watercolourfanatic.co.uk)

8 comments:

  1. I love both of your paintings Yvonne. Excellent both of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann. I publish lots of what I do in the hope that visitors to the site enjoy the variety, even when its not my favourite work. Thanks for looking.

      Delete
  2. The apples look fine to me, also that Tiger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sean. Thanks for your comments. I think that maybe the flash on the camera does not always help, but I am pleased you think they both work reasonably well.

      Delete
  3. Pretty good Yvonne even if not quite up to your usual very high standards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know its not as good as some, but like you, I try to have a warts and all policy!
    Thanks for adding the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From apples to tigers, that is quite a range! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment Laura. That is the joy of belonging to a group with a compulsory programme each week, that has been designed to appeal to 25 members of both sexes and a good age range. It pushes you out of your comfort zone on numerous occasions and stops you getting stale and in a rut!

    ReplyDelete