Friday 20 December 2013

Season's Greetings





I would like to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a prosperous and peaceful New Year.


For those of you who are interested, the card this year was painted by cutting a small square stamp with the branches of a conifer scored into it. The stamp was made of ordinary mount board, and I used the same stamp throughout. I painted the stamp with a mixture of Apatite Green and Paynes Grey and then pressed it onto the dry paper in several positions.
I then lightly dampened the top edges of some of the trees, and added trunks and shadowing in the snow.
I gave the whole painting a good splatter of white acrylic gouache to represent the falling snow and then scanned it into my pc, added the lettering and border and simply printed the required number.
See you all in the new year....have fun!

6 comments:

  1. A lovely card. I would love to see a photo of the stamp you made. It looks very natural. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jean. Sorry I did not include the process this time, as it was all done quite some time ago. The stamp is constructed in the same manner as the one used in 'Asters' posted on 13th September this year, but instead of adding the flower shape to the base, I simply scored a pine tree shape onto the card not worrying if bits fall out during the process. I had several goes to get it right and then the stamp needs using a bit to work the paint into the grooves. In the end I only used part of the sheet. I did lots of impressions to get it satisfactory. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty card Yvonne, really set's the mood for the holiday.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura, and the very best of season,s greetings to you and yours.

      Delete
  4. Splendid effect. Just shows what can be done with a bit of imagination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter, you are right, but after all these years my imagination is running a bit on empty!

      Delete